Sunday, July 26, 2020

Had a wreck on the way to the park

On my way to the park this morning to run, I had a wreck.  I was on the one-lane I-45 service road in the construction area.  The guy in front of me took a left exit to I-45, but changed his mind and swerved back onto the service road.  I was unable to completely stop and he ran into my truck.  Fortunatly, no one was hurt and there was relatively minor damage to both vehicles.  His was an Audi, so fixing minor damage will not be cheap.  He admitted fault to the police officer, but I still have to go through the hassle of getting my truck fixed.  Besides running into a wild pig in France in the 60's and a deer in Texas in the 90's, it was my first wreck since a fender bender in 1957.  After the delay, I went to the park and ran 2.5 miles on the trails.

No comments: