Saturday, March 14, 2020

Green Ultra 10K Trail Run - Running Streak Day 3,800.

I drove nearly an hour to Milligan this morning to run the Green Ultra 10K Trail Run.  Never ran this race before and I enjoyed the experience.  The inflammation in my heel was better this morning.  The course was pretty technical and I feel lucky that I only took one light fall.  Lots of rocks and a few steep embankments.  The course, according to my GPS, was 6.33.  Since GPS normally measures short on trails, the course may have been longer than that.  In any case, I finished in 1:52:19 and was 1st of 1 in the 70 and over age group.  In fact, I was the only runner over 57.  This was my 3,800 consecutive day of running.  With so many races being cancelled due to the virus, I am not sure when my next race will be.

No comments: