Saturday, December 14, 2019

St. Nick's 5K

I drove over to College Station this morning and ran the St. Nick's 5K.  Did not realize that it was changed to non-timed and non-competitive.  According to my watch, I finished in 41:34.  HEALTH UPDATE:  I have not mentioned my Rhuematoid Arthritis (RA) and Afib for a while and I only bring it up as it affects my running.  The only thing I am now taking for the Afib is a blood thinner.  After a number of tests, they determined that my Afib is caused by sleep apnea.  Yesterday, I picked up a machine for the sleep apnea.  I think they refer to it as a CPAP.  I started using it last night and was awake off and on all night.  I am not sure I can use to wearing a thing over my head and cold air blowing non-stop into my nostrils all night.  Maybe, if I keep wearing it, the Afib will go away.  I'm also not sure about the RA.  I am taking a pill for that.  Either the pill is working or my sore and swollen hands and body soreness has just gone away.  I just wonder if the sleep apnea is related to the RA diagnosis.  For now, I just have to get use to the CPAC.  Maybe it will make me run faster.

2 comments:

Miles of the Journey said...

Glad you "seem" to be a little better, Ken. Can't imagine sleeping with one of those things you described. Of course, you won't have sleep apnea if you wear it. You never go to sleep. I hope it is related to the Afib and hope you still keep on. Bless you Ken.
"

Streaker said...

Thanks for your comments, Marvin. Today, I called the place that provided the CPAP and talked to them about it. They said that it usually takes a week to get use to it. We'll see. Hope your Ironman training is going well.