Tuesday, December 31, 2019

2019 in Review

As far as my running goes, 2019 was not a good year.  I started the year with my right arm in a sling from rotator cuff surgery in December.  Running in the sling screwed up my left hip and had to get cortisone shots to fix that.   In March, I got my first ride in ambulance to ER due to dehydration from a 10-mile race.  In the spring, I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthristis and then Afib. I had a heart monitor device implanted in my chest and was ultimately diagnosed with sleep apnea, which caused the Afib.  Now, I have to sleep with a CPAC machine with cold air blowing up my nose all night.  Then, I tore the rotator cuff in my other shoulder and got a cortisone shot for that.  Then, a bone spur in my right heel caused two bouts of inflammation; cortisone fixed that too.  Right now, I have inflammation in  my big toe joint.  I still have not decided on running the Half Marathon in Kingwood tomorrow morning.  The good news is that I kept my streak alive in 2019.  I reached 10 years on October 18.  My race count was down from an average of 67 per year for the last few years.  I only ran 49 races in 2019 (3-10 milers, 1 Quarter Marathon, 4-10K's, 4-5 Milers, 1-8K, 35-5K's and 1-1 Miler).  2020 will be better.  Happy New Year.

No comments: