Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Cardiologist appointment

I had an appointment with the cardiologist this morning.  I have to go to the hospital on Thursday for a scan.  In the meanwhile, they are monitoring my heart via the thing embedded in my chest.  Then, they removed the five staples from the incision in my chest.  My plan is to run the Texas 10 Series 5-miler in Cypress next Sunday and the Huntsville Quarter Marathon on October 19.  Hopefully, I can get to back to the 10-mile distance by November 3 (Texas 10 Series Katy).  I met up with the group this evening and ran 2 miles on the park roads.  Ten days to ten years.

2 comments:

Miles of the Journey said...

Times like these one can really appreciate what streakers like you do. There is a lot of overcoming on so many levels to keep a steak alive. I am glad you are blogging about this heart business.

Streaker said...

You are right, Marvin. I think that most serious streakers will run if they physically can and a run will not cause further harm. For me, streaking is part of my motivation system to make myself run to stay physically fit. I suppose the physical challenges I have faced lately at age 78 are a part of the aging process. Maybe I would have faced these problems (and may others) years earlier if I did not run every day.