Saturday, May 12, 2018

Splendora Founders Day 5K

For the first time ever, I ran the Founders Day 5K in Splendora.  Never been to the town before, but this race has been going on for years.  It was suppose to start at 7 a.m., so I got up real early for the one-hour drive down there.  They never got around to starting until about 7:30 and there were only seven of us running the 5K.  Another 3 or 4 ran the 1-mile race.  Most of the distance was on the wet grass fields at a school.  I finished in 42:24 and picked up a medal for 2nd place in my age group.  I think the age group was 40 and over (males and females).  I did not hang around for the local festival.  It was my 1,025th race.

2 comments:

WalkSports.com said...

I made an inquiry of the race in Moulton, but haven't heard anything. This would be another one to do a better job of getting the word out and increasing numbers. Have always wanted to run this .... I think Robert Duncan ran this a few times over the years.

Streaker said...

Yes, Splendora is Robert's hometown.