Saturday, April 7, 2018

Not a good day

About the time I went to bed last night, my right big toe starting becoming inflamed and sore as heck.  I have been around enough to know that it was gout (high uric acid goes to the coldest joint in the body (big toe joint) and crystalizes).  The crystals are like needles in the joint and it is very painful.  I got up a bunch of times during the night, took medication and drank tart cherry juice.  Due to the pain, I never got any sleep until about 6 this morning and then slept until about 9:30 a.m.  I was signed up for a 5K in Livingston, but did not make it.  I hate not going to a race that I was signed up for; especially when I was looking forward to seeing some friends over there.  It was much better later this afternoon and I went out to the park and ran 1.3 miles on the trails.  Nice running weather in the 40's.

No comments: