Sunday, April 22, 2018

First Responder Half Marathon

I got up at 4:30 this morning to make the 2-hour drive to Waco to run the First Responder Half Marathon.  New course this year,  almost all on the concrete walkways for two sides of the Brazos River.  Strong headwind going one way and a strong tail wind the other way.  I struggled somewhat on the second of two loops.  My right hip, which I hurt last summer almost gave way several times.  I never walked, but ran awful slow for a while. The temperature was nice, in the 50's.  I finished in 3:23:36 and was one of one in the 70 and over age group.  The finisher medal was an ambulance, complete with a battery and flashing red lights.  Last year, it was a police car with flashing lights.  My little granddaughter played with it and put it in her mouth once, shorting out the electronic circuits.

No comments: