Monday, February 12, 2018

Kilgore to Longview Run

Friday afternoon, I drove up to Tyler and spent the night with family.  At 5:30 Saturday morning, I drove over to Longview, picked up my race packet, got bussed to Kilgore and at 8 a.m. ran 11 miles back to Longview.  This was an old race that they brought back last year.  It was a well-managed race and I got to visit with some old friends.  I finished in 2:35:06 and was 2nd of 2 in the 75 and over age group.  The temperature was in the 60's and virtually 100% humidity.
After the race, I drove to Wylie (NE of Dallas) and visited with family there for the rest of the weekend.  Between Longview and Wylie, the temperature dropped to below freezing.  Yesterday, I went with my son to the Wylie Recreation Center, where they have an indoor running track (10 laps equals 1 mile).  I lost track of my laps, but I ran for 25 minutes.  I drove back to Huntsville this morning and went to the park this afternoon and ran 2.4 miles on the trails.

No comments: