Saturday, February 3, 2018

Katy Half Marathon

Not much sleep last night.  Did not need the alarm clock this morning.  I was wide awake at 4 a.m., which I got up and drove down to Katy to run the Katy Half Marathon at 6:45.  The temperature was in the 40's and some light rain off and on.  Flat course, almost all on concrete.  Nearly 1,200 finishers.  I finished in 3:20:23 and was 8 of 8 in the 70 and over age group.  Not happy with my time, but half marathon 98 is done.  After the race, I went to my son's house in north Houston, took a shower, went to lunch with him and then took a nap.  Then, we went to the Texas 10 Series annual awards party at a brewery in Tomball.  I picked up an Armadillo Cup and check for $100 for 2nd place in the series competition for 70 and over.  I stayed around for a couple beers and a nice visit with a lot of friends.

No comments: