Sunday, November 12, 2017

Explore the Falls 5K and Fort Worth Half Marathon

I ran the 1st Annual Explore the Falls 5K in Spring Saturday morning.  Nice race in a nice neighborhood.  Well organized.  Nice cool weather and a flat course.  I finished in 38:47 and was first in the 60 and over age group.  I was the only one and was somewhat surprised that there were not more.  Nice wooden finisher medal and another wooden medal for the age group win.  Then, Saturday afternoon, I drove about 200 miles up to the north side of Fort Worth for the half marathon this morning.  I ran into my friend, Loren, at packet pickup on Saturday and we had a good visit.  The Fort Worth Marathon, Half Marathon & 20-Miler has really grown in size since I ran the full there several years ago.  There was a light rain this morning just before the race started at 8 a.m.  The temperature was in the 60's, but, of course, very humid.  I finished in 3:15:46 and was 1st in the 75-79 age group (yes, I was the only one).  The race today was my 92nd half marathon and 991st race.  Getting close to reaching my goals.

No comments: