Saturday, November 18, 2017

Defend the Orphan 5K

I drove 35 minutes down to Montgomery this morning to run the Defend the Orphan 5K.  The race did not start until 9:30 a.m.  I checked my temperature before I left and it was normal.  However, my throat was so sore and it was tough running the race.  I finished in 43:00, nearly 5 minutes slower than my 5K last Saturday.  I did not know very many people there and I  tried to stay clear of everyone, in case I was contagious. The age groups were 39 and younger and 40 and older, so no age group award.  By the time I got home, my temperature was up over 100 and has been there every since.  I had to make a tough decision about my half marathon tomorrow in La Porte.  I hate to be a wimp, but I decided not to go.  That screws up my goal of running my 101st half marathon on February 17.  I still plan on running race number 1,000 on December 17, but will have to squeeze in another race between now and then.

No comments: