Saturday, September 17, 2016

Woodforest Charity 10K and Buffalo Bayou Brewery Run

I ran the Woodforest Charity 10K in Conroe this morning.  The course was relatively flat and through various neighborhoods in Conroe.  I finished in 1:21:08 and won first in the 70 and over age group.  This was 21 seconds faster than my 10K time in New Braunfels last week.  It was hot and humid and I had to take on a lot of water during and after the race.  It was well-organized and I got to visit with a lot of good friends.  Then, I drove on down to Houston to run the 11:20 a.m.,Buffalo Bayou Brewery Run with my, niece Amie, who lives in Houston.  I stayed with her and we finished the 3.6-mile course in 52:30.  By then, it was really hot and humid.  We cooled off with a brew and then had lunch together.  This was my 900th race.

No comments: