Saturday, September 10, 2016

Gruene 10K

I drove over to New Braunfels yesterday afternoon to run the Gruene 10K this morning.  This was the 6th straight year I have run this race, so I suppose that it is now one of my streak races.  It was unusually humid for that part of the state and I was drenched in sweat when I finished.  My finish time was 1:21:29, a whopping two seconds faster than last year.  I was first place in the 75-79 age group (yes, I was the only one).  After the race, I went back to the hotel for a shower and then to lunch with my wife.  Then, I took a nap in the truck while she was at the Farmers Market and then another nap while she was in the health food store.  On the way back to Huntsville, I got in a third nap while she shopped at the Antique Rose Emporium in the town of Independence.  We finally got home about 5 p.m.

No comments: