Sunday, July 26, 2015

Wellness 5K

I got up at 4:30 this morning to make it down to Katy for the 7 a.m. start of the Wellness 5K.  If I seem to be doing a lot more races this year, I am.  I have averaged 64 races a year for the last 3 years.  The race this morning was my 45th for 2015.  My friend, Jon Walk, of Spring, started competition between he, myself and Graham Schooley of Houston to see who could run the most races in 2015.  A couple weeks ago, I was at 43, Graham was at 38 and Jon at 35.  I was down in the valley last weekend and did not race, so I am sure at least Graham got in a couple of races.  Jon is the premier and busiest race announcer in the Houston area, so it will be difficult for him to catch up  I have no idea if anyone else in the Houston area has run more races, but it would be interesting to find out.  This coming weekend, I have 3 races.  In the meantime, I finished the flat 5K this morning in 38:36, a little faster than yesterday.

No comments: