Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Scare at the track

Since I had a doctors appointment at 1 p.m. today to presumably to get a cortizone shot in my left knee, I went over to the track and ran laps this morning.  During my my last, a Huntsville Police Officer, who I did not know, parked and waited for me to finish my lap.  I was a little scared.  I knew that I was not getting a speeding ticket for running too fast, but I thought maybe a family member had been in an accident.  He said that he needed to talk to me.  He said that he was training for the Huntsville Half Marathon in October and wanted to know if he could push a baby stroller.  I told him that I would talk to the race director, but was sure it was okay if the stay behind all the other runners.  Whew!
   The doctor and I were convinced that the pain in my knees was caused by the arthritis under my knee caps.  The cortizone shot in my right knee three weeks ago really helped.  So, as expected, he gave me a shot in my left knee.  I have to do another short run tomorrow, but no restrictions after that.  We had a serious talk about so much running, verses alternative exercises for cardio.  He said that even with my knee issues, I was in better shape than 99 percent of his other patients my age.  He said that he would continue to support me the best he could.  Reminder to myself - keep streaking.

No comments: