Saturday, March 21, 2015

Bearathon Half Marathon

I drove to Waco yesterday for this morning's Bearathon Half Marathon, which started and finished on the Baylor University Campus.  The race started in the dark and rain at 7 a.m. this morning.  The temperature was nice, though, 50's, 60's.  It is billed as the toughest half marathon in Texas because of about 6 miles of very steep hills in Cameron Park.  I finished in 2:56:08, eight seconds slower than The Army Half Marathon three weeks ago.  I was determined not to walk any of the hills and I accomplished that..  There were 1,152 finishes in the Half Marathon event and I placed 5 of 5 in the 70 and over age group.  In any case, it was my 777th race since I started racing on May 1, 1983.  It was my 14th half marathon (including a 25K) this season.

No comments: