Sunday, August 25, 2013

Heat Wave 5K and Dallas

On Saturday, I put out the signs and then ran the club's Heat Wave 5K.  I finished in 39:28.  It is a little slow, but it was hot and the course very hilly.  After the race, I posted the results on the club web site and then headed for Dallas.  My wife and I went to the Cowboy - Bengal game at Cowboy Stadium.  It was my first time at the stadium and we had club-level seats at the 45-yard line.  Great seats, except that we were in the first row behind the camera pit and had to look around the camera guys.  After the game, we made the one-hour drive across Dallas to Wylie and spent the night with my son and his family.  We got back to Huntsville this evening.
I went over to the track and ran 1.5 miles on the roads from there.  All the students are in town and I almost got hit by one running a stop sign.  When I returned to the track, my key (which I always hang on the fence) was gone.  I looked for it until it got too dark.  My wife brought me the other key.  Why anyone would take a key without taking the truck is beyond me.  In any case, I will go back over there tomorrow morning and look for it.

3 comments:

Vince A. said...

Because they took one look at your truck and declined the opportunity!

Miles of the Journey said...

Good run Saturday. My granddaughter wants to do this some more. She did OK for her first race. Try to move her up to the 5K sooner or later. I like that course, what I saw of it.

Streaker said...

Vince: You should no not to bad mouth a Texan's truck. You might get deported back to PA.