Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Signed up for the Miracle Match Marathon

I just signed up for the Miracle Match Marathon in Waco on January 27.  It is billed as the toughest marathon in Texas because of the hills, but I have run it twice before and it is not that bad.  Maybe it is because I am use to running the hills in Huntsville.  It will be my 92nd race of a marathon or longer distance.  My goal is 101, because I served with the 101st Airborne Division in Vietnam.
I have already completed 8 marathons or longer this season and here is what I have signed up for the rest of the season:
91 - Jan. 20, Louisiana Marathon, Baton Rouge
92 - Jan. 27, Miracle Match Marathon, Waco
93 - Feb. 9, Love.Run.Marathon, Huntsville State Park
94 - Mar. 2, The Woodlands Marathon
95 - Mar. 17 - Seabrook Trail Marathon, Seabrook
96 - Apr. 21 - Army Marathon, Killeen
In the meantime, it was cold, rainy and windy again today.  After working out at Nautilus, this evening, I ran an unplanned route on the roads in town.  It was in the 30's and windy.  The course turned out to be 1.8 miles.

No comments: