Thursday, June 14, 2012

No more Saucony's

A month ago, I bought a pair of Saucony ProGrid 4 running shoes for $100.  The sole is worn out.  I'm tough on running shoes, but one month is crazy.  I wear custom orthotics and need a neutral shoe.  For years, I have worn Asics Fortitude and they last me several months.  Then, they came out with the Fortitude 4 model and my big toes come out of the top of the shoe in just a couple weeks.  They did not do that on the earlier models.  That is why I tried Saucony ProGrid.  I still have one more pair of the Fortitude 4, but recently found a new Fortitude 5 online for $72.  I have those now and it appears that the upper part of the Fortitude 5 is like the old 1, 2 and 3's.  Maybe they will be okay.  I just have to find a reliable source at a good price.
As usual, I met up with the group at the park this evening and ran 2-miles on the roads.  Biting flies were bad; I need to run faster.

2 comments:

Miles of the Journey said...

Shopping running shoes myself, Ken. Hard choice.
Biting flies? Oh yes, I doubt I can outrun them. Get a lot of upper body exercise swatting at them. No need for a flexibility or strength workout after a fly swatting session while trying to run.

Streaker said...

Would I look silly running with a fly swatter?