Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Longest Day

Today, June 20, is the longest day of the year.  I started the day with breakfast at IHOP.  A young couple and their small child were at the table next to me.  The young man was wearing Wounded Warrior T-shirt and was missing both of his arms.  He ate with his foot.  We must not forget the sacrifices that our servicemen have made and continue to make to protect us from terriorism.
I worked much of the day on my lawn.  Then, I lawn mower broke and I drove 30 miles down to Conroe to get a part to fix it.  While there, there was a very heavy rain storm.  Unfortunately, it was not headed for Huntsville.  So, after getting back home, I was able to fix the lawn mower and  finish the yard.
About 6 p.m., I worked out at Nautilus and then ran 4.2 miles on the roads in town.
It's nice to have a long day to get everything done.

No comments: