Friday, May 20, 2011

Marathon Planning

I have already signed up for 5 marathons for the next Texas marathon season (October thru April) and I know that there some others that I plan to do. I am not sure that I will do 20 again next season, but I am considering doing the Rocky Raccoon 50-miler again in February. Today, I found out that the Surfside Beach Marathon will be on February 18, the day before the Austin Marathon. Surfside Beach is part of the Texas Marathon Triple and Austin is part of the Marathons of Texas. So, it looks like I will be doing two marathons in one weekend. I did that two years ago, but last year Surfside and Austin were on different weekends.
As for today, I ran 2.1 miles on the roads in town. Race tomorrow.

2 comments:

Miles of the Journey said...

Way to go Ken! Looking forward toward the next marathon season. You didn't say if the new Woodlands Marathon was on your schedule.

Streaker said...

Thanks, Marvin. Yes, The Woodlands Marathon is on my 2012 schedule. I have already signed up. You gonna run it?