Sunday, May 1, 2011

1,000th Posting

This is my 1,000th posting since I began this blog on April 19, 2008. Many of my running friends were blogging back then and most have since abandoned their blog for Facebook. While I have a Facebook page, I seldom post anything on it. It is useful for locating and keeping up with friends. For the most part, my blog entries are short and only serve as a log of my daily runs. I have made it a point to run and blog every day. I have missed blogging a few days, but that it when I have been on the road. My blog must be the most boring blog in the system; I cannot imagine why it gets the readership that it does. For me, it is a source of motivation. It forces me to be accountable for my running and achievement of running goals. Maybe somewhere along the way it influences others to run and run on a consistent basis.
This evening, I made the 45-minutes drive down I-45 to The Woodlands and ran the Sunday Night 5K. I finished in 33:25.

2 comments:

Miles of the Journey said...

Congratulations on 1000 Ken. Blogging can be a discipline and discipline inducing format as well. Like you said, it does impose a certain amount of personal accountablity. And, you never know how you might inspire someone. You have certainly inspired me.

Streaker said...

Thanks, Marvin. Have you signed up for The Woodlands Marathon?