Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Signed Up for Some Marathons for Next Season

I have not decided how I will challenge myself during the next marathon season, but I have already signed up for four marathons: Tyler Rose Marathon, October 9, 2011; Texas Marathon, January 1, 2012; The Woodlands Marathon, March 3, 2012; and, Seabrook Marathon, March 18, 2012. There are 25 marathons in Texas, plus a bunch of ultras. So, I have plenty of choices. In the meantime, I went to the park this evening and ran 4.2 miles with the group on the trails.

2 comments:

Miles of the Journey said...

I don't know what you could do that would approximate your recent accomplishment: that is a hard act to follow...but, I think I want to do a marathon again..last one in 2002. Maybe Woodlands if it is still open.

Streaker said...

Why don't you go ahead and sign up for The Woodlands Marathon, before it fills up? I'll run it with you, if you don't mind going slow. I remember my first marathon on January 15, 1989. I finished in 4:47:02 You were already a seasoned veteran at that time and my mentor.