Sunday, March 20, 2011

Seabrook Trail Marathon

I ran laps at the track in Huntsville yesterday, before leaving for Seabrook, on the coast east of Houston. Got up early this morning for a 7:15 marathon start. This was my 4th straight year for running this race. The course was four loops on a 6.55-mile course. The course was flat with a crushed gravel surface. I had lots of friends running and you see them many times on the out and back parts of the course. The problem was the heat. The forecast was for 80 degrees and I'm sure that it was at least 80. I had to take on a lot of fluids to stay hydrated. I finished in 6:14:58, about 5 minutes slower than last year. This was my 18th marathon or longer this season, starting last October 10. Two more to go to reach my goal. Seabrook was the third leg of the Texas Marathon Triple, which I have completed for four straight years.

No comments: