Monday, March 7, 2011

Little Rock Marathon

I ran laps at the track last Friday morning before heading for Wylie, northest of Dallas. I spent the night with my son and ran the streets of Wylie Saturday morning in very cold and windy weather. Then, I made the 5-hour drive to Little Rock, Arkansas for the marathon on Sunday morning. The temperature was in the low 30's at race start. It warmed up as the day went on and ended up being very comfortable. When I ran this race last year, I was 2:40:46 at the half way point and finished in 2:49:08. This year, I was 2:44:18 at the half way point and finished in 2:46:59. In other words, I ran much better the second half this year. I felt very strong after mile 20 and passed a lot of other runners. Maybe it was the Mexican food I ate the evening before the race. No more pasta for me. I drove back to Wylie after the race and back to Huntsville today. I ran laps at the track this evening. Next is the Gusher Marathon in Beaumont this Saturday.

No comments: