Sunday, July 11, 2010

Live, Love, RUN 5K

We got up early Saturday morning to make it up and over to Diboll, Texas to run the 1st ever Live, Love, RUN 5K. Kori Estrada, a teammate of mine from the Texas Independence Relay two years ago, put on this race to raise funds for a little girl who needs a new liver. Kori did a great job and had around 100 runners. My son, Ben, won 2nd place in his age group and I was 1st in mine, with a time of 33:30. I had the opportunity to visit with Edwin Quarles of Lufkin at the race. I have known him for several years. I also met and visited with Mike Burton of the relatively new Lufkin-Area-Pacesetters (LAPS). Click here to visit the LAPS Facebook page.
After the race, we drove up to Tyler for my niece's wedding Saturday evening. We spent Saturday night in Tyler and drove back to Huntsville this evening. We stopped in Trinity and had dinner at Romo's Mexican Restaurant (owned by Tony's family). When I got back to Huntsville tonight, I went to the track and ran laps to get in a run.

No comments: