Saturday, April 10, 2010

Hog's Hunt 25K

I got up at 4:45 this morning and went out to the Huntsville State Park. I checked on the race clock to make sure it was set up okay and then took a volunteer out to her place on the course. We hiked about a quarter mile on the trail with flashlights. The trail really looks different with flashlights. I have a hard enough time not tripping on roots in broad daylight; I would never make it running in the darkness with a flashlight.
I got back to the start line for the 7 a.m. start of the 25K (15.5 miles). The weather was nice and I never tripped and fell. I finished in 3:48:58, nine minutes faster than my last 25K on the same course in November.
After the race, I went home, cleaned up a bit and went to a 2:30 p.m. wedding in Brenham, 65 miles from Huntsville. Sara Lange, who is a member of our running club and a good friend, married Chuck Nagle. Got back at 9 p.m. I wish them the best and hope they have a bunch of little runners.

No comments: