Sunday, March 21, 2010

Completion of Marathon Challenges

I completed the Seabrook Trail Marathon today in Seabrook, Texas. With that, I completed all three marathon challenges in Texas. I became the fourth and oldest runner ever to do that. The first of the three challenges was the Marathons of Texas (White Rock in Dallas in December, Houston in January and Austin in February). The second challenge was the Texas Marathon Triple (Kingwood in January, Surfside Beach in February and Seabrook in March). The third challenge was the Texas Marathon Challenge (any five Texas marathons in one season). The real challenge in completing all three in one season is running Surfside Beach and Austin the same weekend. For the season, I ended up with a 50K in California, marathons in Oklahoma, Arizona and Arkansas and a 50K in Texas and 8 marathons in Texas (total of 13).
It was cold and very windy in Seabrook today. The headwind gusts would almost stop you in your tracks. And, it was really tough on the volunteers. I especially appreciated them today. My knees really hurt today. I never walked between aid stations, but my pace was slow. I finished in 6:09:11.

1 comment:

Vince A. said...

Congrats man, you really got after it this year, great accomplishment.