Monday, October 19, 2009

A New Beginning

After not running for four days, I went to see an Orthopedic Surgeon today. He examined my knee, looked at the MRI and said that the 80% tear in my quadriceps did not occur last Tuesday. It had been there for some time. He said that the sharp pain I felt last Tuesday was probably due to an awkward step and the hitting of two bones together. He said that I could run as much as I wanted. So, I ran 2.8 miles on the streets this evening - with no pain. The beginnings of a new streak.

2 comments:

Fitizen said...

Yay! You're back. Glad to hear the news about your knee. Bummer that you missed those four days though. Hope you enjoyed the rest.

D said...

I'm glad you're back too, but please be careful! The mother in me thinks you should re-think your February plans though.

On another note, the 1/2 marathon Saturday was awesome! The crowd was fun and friendly, the weather was beautiful, I love the course, the only bad thing was that it had to end. Also, the baked potato and lunch with you and your wife was a treat too! Thanks for joining us and for the recommendation. Donna