Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Leg surgery today

 I ran very early this morning (2 miles at midnight).  Normally, I would go to the track for a midnight run.  With all the rain, half the track would be muddy.  So, I went to the state park.  They gave me the code to get in after 10 pm and I ran on the roads, away from the camping areas.  Never saw anyone else or any cars driving around.  The only wildlife I saw were fizzy black caterpillars on the road.  I had an appointment with my pain management doctor in Huntsville this morning and he scheduled another injection in my back next Wednesday.  Then, I drove down to Tomball (just south of The Woodlands) for the 2nd of 3 surgeries to neutralize bad veins in my legs.  No running for the rest of the day.  For the month of April, I ran a total of 95.4 miles (average 3.18 miles a day).  This was the first month since August 2021 that I ran less than 100 miles.

No comments: