Thursday, June 25, 2020

Bad news day

Last night, I learned that an old friend, Charlie Viers, passed away.  He was about my age and completed over 200 mrathons.  Then, this morning, Lance Phegley, Editor of Texas Runner Triathle magazine, announced that the magazine was going out of business.  I've been a subscriber to this magazine and it's predecessors since the late 80's.  Later this morning, I got an email from Stu's Country Mile 5K that the race on July 4 has been cancelled.  This was going to be my 25th straight year running that race.  My appointment with the cardiologist is next month and he was going to decide on whether to implant a pacemaker.  I suppose my streak can continue for the time being since the govenor announced today that non-emergency surgeries will not be allowed in Texas until further notice.  The good news, though, is that I met up with the group at the park this evening and ran 2.5 miles on the trails.

2 comments:

Miles of the Journey said...

Sometimes it seems our world is dismantling, doesn't it. Lots of triathlons have been cancelled that I went to each year and all the Ironman events for the time period.

Streaker said...

So much craziness going on right now. It is difficult to watch the news. I suppose most races for the next few months will be cancelled. As you know, Marvin, racing is a strong motivator for training. We are still on the front side of the COVID-10 curve in Texas. Who knows when it will dimenish?