Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Bees

I mowed my yard this afternoon and thought about all the bees that I had run over.  Then, my son, who is a deputy sheriff in Arizona, called me this evening to tell me about a call he responded to Sunday evening.  A guy trying to remove a hive of bees from his backyard got stung about 200 times.  The fire department sprayed the guy with foam, while my son and another deputy removed him to an awaiting ambulance.  They were killer bees and the guy died at the hospital.  My son and the other deputy were stung several times, but they are okay.  I keep wondering about the bees that I encounter when I mow my yard, especially since I live in south Texas.  Anyway, I ran 2.5 miles on the trails at Huntsville State Park this evening and only encountered a bunch of squirrels and spider webs across the trails.

No comments: