Saturday, March 17, 2018

Seabrook Lucky Trail Half Marathon - 101




I got up just after 4 this morning to drive down to Seabrook to run the Seabrook Lucky Trail Half Marathon.  It was my 101st half and run in honor of all those who ever served with the 101st Airborne Division.  The temperature got up to about 80, with humidity.  I finished in 3:26:25, much slower than about 3:01 last year.  In any case, I was 1st place in the 75-70 age group (yep, I was the only one).  For the half marathon, Seabrook is a double loop course (4 loops for the full) and is mostly out and back.  That means you get to see all your friends on the course and encourage each other.  After the race, I was pleasantly surprised to see my good friend (and one of the few readers of this blog, Jane Jackson) greeting me at the finish line.  Thanks, Jane.  With completion of my 101st half marathon, my goals and milestones for this running season are met:

October 28 - Ran the Huntsville Half Marathon on my 50th Wedding Anniversary
December 17 - Completed my 1,000th race
January 4 - Running streak reached 3,000 days
February 24 - Completed my 100th half marathon
March 17 - Completed my 101st half marathon

Now, I have to work on new goals.  Obviously, one will be to extend my running streak to 10 years.

No comments: