Sunday, December 17, 2017

Race 1,000 - Santa Hustle Half Marathon


I drove down to Galveston yesterday to run the Santa Hustle Half Marathon at Moody Gardens this morning.  They were suppose to give me bib 1,000, but instead I got 13 thousand something.  They asked me to check in this morning before the race about the bib.  I did that at 6 a.m. this morning.  They said that my bib was accidentally left at the corporate office.  So, they did some cutting and pasting and made up one for me.  They are nice people and put on a good race.  There was no rain or wind during the race and the temperature was in the 50's.  Really nice.  I finished in 3:05:23 and was 5 of 6 in the 70 and over age group.  This was my 94th half marathon.  My wife walked the 5K.

2 comments:

Susan Sternberg said...

Congrats on finishing your 1,000th race, Ken! Will you try to do 1,000 more?

Streaker said...

Thanks, Susan. But, you know I am a wimp. My friend, Larry Macon of San Antonio, completed his 2,000th marathon a couple weeks ago. At my advanced age, I doubt that I could ever make it to 2,000 races.