Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Physical results

I got a call this morning from my doctor to inform me that all the lab results were in and everything is good.  I thanked him and told him that I would see him in a couple months for my annual sinus infection. 
I received an email this morning telling me that the Rose Half Marathon in Tyler on Sunday has been cancelled due to extremely low participation.  No refunds, but they will mail T-shirts and finisher medals in a couple weeks.  That is a bunch of crap.  If races are cancelled for that reason, they should give a complete refund.  The race is put on by Mellew Productions.  I emailed George the owner and let him know what I thought.  Told him that I would never participate in one of his races in the future.  Now, I have to figure out how to squeeze in another half marathon somewhere to stay on my schedule to complete half marathon 101 on February 17.
So, after working out at Iron Works this afternoon, I ran 2.6 miles on the trails at the park.

2 comments:

Susan Sternberg said...

I totally agree with you! Who wants a t-shirt and medal from a race they didn't get to run? Hope you can find another race to keep you on schedule. Good luck, Ken!

Streaker said...

I would be surprised if they mail out the shirts and medals. Who would want them, anyway. The Tyler paper is reporting that the company putting on the race, Mellew Productions, is reporting that they went out of business. As you probably know, they put on 15 races in North Texas. So, their demise will have an impact on racing, particularly in the Dallas area. I am looking for a replacement half marathon, but there are not many weekends left this season.