Monday, October 3, 2016

Lost a good friend

I learned within the last hour that an old friend of mine, True Cousins, passed away today.  True and I were charter members of the Seven Hills Running Club founded in 1985.  He was 82, so for many years we competed in the same age group.  I always remember him beating me in races.  Then, I started edging him out.  That is when he told me that he was having transmission problems with his pacemaker.  It was stuck in a low gear.  He was one of the nicest guys you would ever meet.  We also shared a love for old VW's and he helped me keep my going for years.  He was a consistent runner until the last year, but continued to walk.  In fact, he was an engineer and never retired until today.  I will miss him.
    I went to the park this afternoon and ran 2.5 miles on the trails.

No comments: