Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Dinner at Chili's

My wife was tied up with something this evening, so I went alone to eat at Chili's.  It was the first time in a long time that I have been there.  Anyway, I was seated and did not know anyone at the tables around me.  I finished up my dinner, but could not get the pay thing on the table to accept my credit card.  The waiter came over and said that someone at another table, who had left, had paid for my meal.  I had no idea why and the waiter did not know either.  The only thing I can figure is that I was wearing an Army Marathon T-shirt.  Maybe they assumed that I had served in the Army and wanted to show their appreciation.  I did serve for 22 1/2 years.  It was the first time anyone ever paid for my dinner for that reason.  In any case, it was sure nice of them.  I wish I knew who they were so I could thank them.
Earlier this afternoon, I went out to the park and ran 3 miles on the trails.  In the last mile, running friends, Dana and Samantha, came whizzing past me.  Beautiful day for running.

No comments: