Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Finished measuring the new trails at the park

I went out to the park late this morning and finished measuring the new trails on the Federal land adjacent to the park.  I walked about 6.5 miles with an engineer wheel.  If I was smart, I would have waited for the weekend when the bikers were on the trail to break the spider webs across the trail.  I must have run into 100's.  I also got bitten by a tick and several deer flies and walked passed a snake.  I never saw another person on the trails.  However, I got it done and hopefully my measurements will benefit race directors and runners who use the trails in the future.  I am not use to walking and was tired this evening.  After Iron Works, I went over to the track and ran laps.  It was my 2,145th consecutive day of running.

No comments: