Sunday, October 5, 2014

Tyler Rose Half Marathon & Sunday Night 5K

From Wylie, I drove a couple hours to Tyler to run the Tyler Rose Half Marathon this morning.  Nice weather, relative cool and breezy.  The course is hilly and lots of brick streets (hate to run on those).  I felt strong the entire race and passed a lot of people in the last few miles.  I finished in 2:50:56, a big improvement over the half marathon in Waco a couple weeks ago.  I was 4th of 5 in the 70 and over age group.  I then made the two and a half hour drive back to Huntsville and then drove down to The Woodlands this evening for the Sunday Night 5K.  There was some other activity at the school where they have the race and they had to cut the distance to 3 miles.  I did not complain.  I was sore and stiff the first mile, but felt comfortable after that.  I finished in 34:22.  I will sleep well tonight.

No comments: