Monday, June 16, 2014

Iron Works 5K course

I spent the morning working on my running column for tomorrow's Huntsville Item.  The column is already on the Item web site.  Click HERE.  I wrote on hydration and got more technical than I usually do.  I always think that some doctor or other professional is going to contact me and tell me that I don't know what I am talking about.  None have done so in the nearly 9 years that I have written the column.  In any case, hopefully I have made a difference.
I worked out at Iron Works this evening and then Clayton and I ran the 5K course starting and finishing at Iron Works that I measured last Friday.  Clayton complained that it seemed to be all uphill and that we should reverse the direction.  If you start and finish at the same point, the course is flat.  To reverse the direction, you will have to run on the other side of the road; that will require remeasuring the course.  Ugh.

No comments: