Thursday, April 16, 2009

Tour de Bayou

I went down to Houston this evening with Hans, John and Karen to run the Tour de Bayou #3. The tour is run on 5 consecutive Thursdays in the fall and in the spring along the bayou east of downtown Houston. Even though Hans has been running it for 13 years and John at least a couple years, this was a first for me and Karen. The entry fee is cheap (free). Number 3 was somewhere between 4.5 and 4.7 miles on grass and asphalt trail with some short steep hills. I forgot to keep track of my time, but I am sure it was fast. They will adventually publish the finish times. I ran into several friends, including Scott Bounds, former SHRC member and Huntsville City Attorney and Ben Harvie, current SHRC member. The Tour de Bayou was a new experience. And, when you run every day like I do, it is important to find new experiences.

No comments: